On 28th November 2021,
- The 67 bus route will be replaced by the C4
- The 67X bus route (2 variants) will be replaced by the X27 & X28 bus routes
- New local bus services (L58 & L59) connecting Celbridge and Leixlip will commence operation
- The 67N night bus service will be replaced by the C6 bus route
- There will be no change to the GoAhead 120 Edenderry-Dublin route that serves the Clane Road as this is not included in the BusConnects project
67 -> C4 - Regular Daytime Bus Service
The C4 Dublin Bus service replaces the 67 Dublin Bus service on 28th November 2021.
The C4 route and timetable differs from the 67 and is one of four C-Spine routes that will replace the 25, 25A, 66, 66A, 66B, 66E, 67, etc. bus routes. The "spine" refers to the fact that the bus services will share routing along a corridor between Ringsend and Woodies at Lucan before each route on the spine branches in a different direction.
This is effectively the same as what happens with the existing bus routes. The difference is that deliberate timetabling will attempt to ensure that there is a regularly spaced bus service along the shared C-Spine section of the C1, C2, C3 and C4 bus routes about every 8 minutes.
- The C3 and C4 go through Lucan village before diverging to serve different destinations (Maynooth via Leixlip and Maynooth via Celbridge).
- The C1 and C2 routes serve south Lucan sharing much of their route but diverge to go around Griffeen Valley Park before converging again as they approach Adamstown.
The introduction of the "spine" terminology has little impact on the bus service between Celbridge and Dublin; as with the 67, Celbridge will continue to have a direct bus service every 30 minutes.
- Inbound: Maynooth Glenroyal Hotel > R406 Straffan Road > R405 Maynooth Road > Celbridge Main Street > R403 Dublin Road > R385 Lucan Road > N4 Chapelizod Bypass > North Quays > Rosie Hackett Bridge > Hawkins Street > Townsend Street > Pearse Street > Ringsend Road
- Outbound: Ringsend Road > Pearse Street > Tara Street > South Quays > N4 Chapelizod Bypass > R385 Lucan Road > R403 Dublin Road > Celbridge Main Street > R405 Maynooth Road > R406 Straffan Road > Maynooth Glenroyal Hotel
How does the C4 route differ from the 67?
- The C4 will take the R148 Chapelizod Bypass and cross the Liffey onto the North Quays after Heuston Station (rather than crossing the Liffey in Chapelizod and taking the R109 / Conyngham Road / Parkgate St to the North Quays)
- The terminus will be at Ringsend rather than Merrion Square
67X -> X27 and X28 - Peak Time Express Bus Routes
The X27 and X28 Dublin Bus services replace the two variants of the 67X Dublin Bus service on 28th November 2021.
The X27 and X28 routes and timetables differ from the 67X. Fundamentally, they are express peak time services that serve different parts of Celbridge
- the X27 route serves Aghard's Road, Shackleton Road and the Clane Road
- the X28 route serves Maynooth Road and Main St
The introduction of 2 route numbers removes any confusion regarding which variant of the express bus route you are boarding on your return home to Celbridge.
- X27: Salesian College > R405 Maynooth Road > Aghards Road > R403 Dublin Road > N4 > N4 Chapelizod Bypass > N11 > UCD
- X28: Salesian College > R405 Maynooth Road > Celbridge Main Street > R403 Dublin Road > N4 > N4 Chapelizod Bypass > N11 > UCD
How do the X27 and X28 routes differ from the 67X?
The city centre routing of the X27 and X28 will differ from that of the 67X. The following shows the city centre routing
- Inbound: North Quays > Talbot Memorial Bridge (after Customs House) > Townsend Street > Westland Row > Merrion Sq West > St. Stephen's Green East > Leeson St > Donnybrook
- Outbound: Donnybrook > Leeson St > St. Stephen's Green East > Merrion Sq West > Westland Row > Pearse Street > Tara Street > Burgh Quay
67N -> C6 - Night Time Bus Route
The C6 Dublin Bus night service replaces the 67N Dublin Bus Nitelink service on 28th November 2021.
The C6 route and timetable differs significantly from the 67N. Where the 67N just ran in one direction from Dublin City out on Friday and Saturday nights (4 buses between midnight and 4am), the C6 will be a full bi-directional night bus service with 5 buses departing in each direction between midnight and 4am)
The C6 follows a similar route to the C4 route but will operate via Chapelizod instead of the Chapelizod bypass and, by virtue of the routing through Chapelizod and Lucan villages, will have an extended journey time compared to the 67N.
- Inbound: Maynooth Train Station > R405 Maynooth Road > Celbridge Main Street > R403 Dublin Road > Lucan Village > Liffey Valley SC > Chapelizod Village > Bachelor's Walk > Ringsend Road
- Outbound: Ringsend Road > Bachelor's Walk > Chapelizod Village > Liffey Valley SC > Lucan Village > R403 Dublin Road > Celbridge Main Street > R405 Maynooth Road > Maynooth Train Station
L58 & L59 - New Local Bus Routes connecting Celbridge & Leixlip
Local bus routes are being introduced as part of BusConnects in a shift away from most bus routes focusing on connectivity to Dublin City Centre.
The L58 and L59 bus services will connect Celbridge and Leixlip and provide an all-day bus service to both Hazelhatch and Leixlip Confey train stations.
This will give us options for travelling to more places both locally and through interchanging with other public transport services (a new 90-minute fare is being introduced on 28th November 2021 in tandem with these bus routes).
Both routes connect Hazelhatch Train Station and Riverforest in Leixlip (near Confey Train Station) but take different routes
- L58 Celbridge-Leixlip: Hazelhatch Train Station > Hazelhatch Road > Shinkeen Road > R403 Dublin Road > Young's Cross > Liffey Business Campus (Hewlett Packard) > R404 Celbridge Road > R418 Station Road > R149 Captains Hill > River Forest
- L58 Leixlip-Celbridge: River Forest > R149 Captains Hill > R418 Station Road > R404 Celbridge Road > Liffey Business Campus (Hewlett Packard) > Young's Cross > R403 Dublin Road > Shinkeen Road > Hazelhatch Road > Hazelhatch Train Station
- L59 Celbridge-Leixlip: Hazelhatch Train Station > Hazelhatch Road > English Row > Clane Road > Shackleton Road > Aghard's Road > R405 Maynooth Road > R449 > Green Lane > R418 Station Road > R149 Captains Hill > River Forest
- L59 Leixlip-Celbridge: River Forest > R149 Captains Hill > R418 Station Road > Green Lane > R449 > R405 Maynooth Road > Aghard's Road > Shackleton Road > Clane Road > English Row > Hazelhatch Road > Hazelhatch Train Station
The information on this page focuses on the bus routes that directly serve Celbridge. The introduction of a 90-minute fare will open up possibilities for interchange with other buses, rail/Dart and Luas.
Additional Resources Relating to 28th November 2021 changes to bus services in North-East Kildare and West Dublin