Enriching Community Life
Celbridge Community Council is a purely voluntary organization that was founded in 1975. Our vision for Celbridge is one of a vibrant town with a strong sense of community, where local people come together to tackle challenges through local solutions, making Celbridge an even better place to live, work and visit.
Celbridge Community Council’s mission is to improve the quality of life for community members across all stages of life. We do this by supporting community well-being through services that target the groups most in need, by promoting local initiatives and services, and by positively influencing the future development of Celbridge.
Our ultimate objective is to see the lands at Castletown returned to state ownership. We believe that this is the only course of action that will truly solve the problem. We are, however, deeply concerned over the OPW’s current plan to create a temporary access and parking solution.
That is why we are communicating directly with the OPW and local and national politicians to ensure any solution is in the best interests of the people of Celbridge and surrounding areas. However, our main objective is to stop any proposed development and see the state purchase the lands to put an end to this appalling mess. We are actively engaged in pursuing this goal. See our dedicated Castletown page for the latest resources and updates, including information on:
- Ownership of Castletown Demesne Lands.
- Land Usage Zoning under the Local Area Plan and Impact on Planning Applications.
- Closure of Public Car Park at Castletown – September 2023.
- Issues & Solutions.
- Media Coverage / Press Releases.
Become a Member of Celbridge Community Council
Every two years, our membership is renewed, and we seek nominations to elect a maximum of 35 members. This process will begin again for the 2024-2026 term of Celbridge Community Council in May 2024.
- Step 1 – Download the form here.
- Step 2 – Have your nomination form signed by 2 Celbridge residents (18+)
- Step 3 – Sign your nomination form.
- Step 4 – Return the completed nomination form to the reception area in The Mill, or email a scanned copy to email@example.com